Editor’s note: A lot happened this week, so here’s your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week’s most popular headlines.
1. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 11 hot just-opened restaurants. Whether we’re in pandemic recovery mode or pre-holiday mode, we are seeing an exciting influx of restaurants opening around Fort Worth right now. Restaurants that have been in the works are finally making their debut, and for us, it means there’s lots of new places to try, in a wide variety of cuisines, from tacos to pizza to Southern comfort to Asian. For November, here’s Where to Eat in Fort Worth right now.
2. One Dallas-Fort Worth eatery makes Esquire list of best new restaurants. Four Texas restaurants are basking in the national spotlight: They’ve been named by Esquire magazine on its list of America’s 40 best new restaurants. Coming in at No. 19 is Roots Southern Table, Top Chef alum Tiffany Derry’s restaurant devoted to Black Southern cooking, in Farmers Branch.
3. DFW Airport is giving its biggest, busiest terminal a total makeover. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport has hired a construction company for a major renovation of Terminal C. The $2 billion project, which was approved by the airport board in August, will expand gate capacity in both Terminal C and Terminal A and improve customer experience.
4. Rooftop bubble bars with igloos return to Dallas-Fort Worth for Christmas holiday. Dallas-Fort Worth’s coolest holiday bar phenomenon is back: Rooftop “bubble bars” featuring cozy igloos are returning, with installations at three area hotels. Also referred to as garden igloos, these “bubbles” are like plastic caves, like a geodesic dome, where you can hang out and imbibe under the winter sky, protected by your bubble from the elements.
5. These are the 8 best things to do in Fort Worth this Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving weekend around Fort Worth features fun new holiday events, including concerts, train rides, and more. There also are visits from two rising country music stars and an MMA/boxing event featuring an appearance by a huge rock band. Here are the best ways to spend your precious free time this weekend.