The International Medical Graduates Section (IMGS) met virtually on Saturday, June 5.
IMGS celebrated its 24th Annual Meeting, beginning with AMA Board of Trustees candidate interviews held Wednesday, June 2, and Saturday, June 5.
The Congress meeting featured:
- William Pinsky, MD, president of the Educational Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and Alex Mechaber, MD, associate vice president for physician licensure programs at the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME), who presented “The effects of the elimination of the USMLE Step 2 CS on IMGs.”
- The IMGS business meeting was successful in reviewing the items considered for the House of Delegates (HOD) meeting and was an engaging forum for discussing IMGS and other HOD policy initiatives, business items and organizational reports.
- A COVID-19 update was presented by Sandra Fryhofer, MD, AMA Board of Trustees member.
The IMGS Governing Council officers were ratified for the 2021-2022 term at this meeting. Kamalika Roy, MD, was ratified as chair.
Participants attended the Busharat Ahmad, MD, Leadership Development Program: “Leadership in time of a pandemic” held on Friday, June 4.
- Major General Sandra Finan discussed leadership as a function of dealing with varied issues.
- This program was very well received and offered many strategies for physician leaders interested in having effective leadership skills during a crisis.
- This program designated a maximum of 1.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Visit the education sessions page for additional information on this topic and other sessions.